Milk maid braids | Tutorial
Hello everyone! Zoe has seriously been loving braids recently as seen in this other tutorial I did beforehand which was her halo braid look! So recently Zoe was wearing this milkmaid braid look when Tanya and Jim went to visit her in Brighton. The milkmaid braid is super easy to do! Follow these steps to get Zoe’s hair!
1. First part your hair down the side so that one side could act as your bangs. (Unless you already have bangs then just part it naturally where your bangs are parted!)
2. Split your hair into two equal parts and bring the two pieces over your shoulders.
3. Braid your hair in a traditional three strand braid until you run out of hair and tie it off with a hair band. Do the same on the other side. If you want your braids to look thicker (like Zoe’s since she has so much hair!) pull the braids so that they are bigger and thicker. This is known as “pancaking” the braid.
4. Now bring your hair up and over and place it against your head. Make sure to place it where you want (as far back or as at forward as you like. Zoe seemed to do it in line with her ears.) and then pin it down with bobby pins.
5. Bring the other piece over your head and place it either in front or behind the other braid. Before pinning it down tuck the end of the braid underneath the first braid. Pin the braid down with bobby pins.
6. Now make sure the ends of the braid are not sticking out and try to tuck it underneath the braids and pin them down. Continue to put in as many pins as you want until you feel as if the style is secure against your head.
7. For a more relaxed look like Zoe’s pull some hair around the ears out. Make sure your bangs are placed nicely against your forehead.
8. Finish off the look with a bit of hairspray. Zoe uses the Tony and Guy hairspray!And now you’re done! This look is perfect for the spring time or summer when you want to get your hair out of your face but also want to have pretty hair! So hopefully this helps and good luck! xxx